Sunday 21 June 2015

Morning Iris

May 29 - 'Langport Flash'
 On a sunny morning at the end of May I was at my desk and saw the sun shining through and lighting up the flowers of the bearded Iris just outside.  I stepped outside, took a picture with the iPad and posted it on Facebook simply captioned Morning Iris.  Next day another was catching the sun, so got the same treatment. from then on, for the past 24 days, there has been a different 'Morning Iris' (with two on 11 June), until today, when I've posted the last to come into flower in this garden. All have been taken with the iPad, in sun or rain, and here is the full series. I inherited many of the clumps of bearded iris from my predecessor, and the labels have disappeared from some others, so  I don't know the names of all, but they are indicated where I do.

Which do you like?

May 30

May 31 - 'Darkness'

June 1

June 2

June 3 - mourning Iris, after a horrible gale the night before.

June 4 - 'Quagga'

June 5 - 'Tutti Ne Parlan'

June 6 - 'Cognition'. One of the comments on Facebook said this looked as if the Queen of the Night was saying good morning.
June 7 - 'Petit Tigre'

June 8 - 'Gay Hussar'

June 9 - unknown very old cultivar, a gift from Barn House, Whittington, Glos.

June 10

June 11 - 'Godfrey Owen'

June 11 - 'Giardino Rex'

June 12

June 13 - my unnamed I. sibirica selection

June 14
June 15 - I. pseudacorus Albus Group - a very pale seedling from 'Albus'

June 16 - 'Dark Aura'

June 17 - lost label freebie from Cayeux, Moraea huttonii behind

June 18 - another old cultivar or possibly I. albicans

June 19 - 'Art Deco'

June 20 - unnamed I. sibirica selection.

June 21 - 'Scramble'





6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post. I seen your article i like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a good ad for writing essays! Or perhaps a few grammatical mistakes make the essays authentic!

      Delete
  2. wow..poto flowers and plants
    the beautiful one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scramble is doing well here John, I particularly like 4, 9 and 13, but as my birthday is the 8th perhaps I should have invested in 'Gay Hussar' rather than the very similar 'Rajah Brooke'! We visited the wonderful Cedric Morris Iris Collection last month so have to look out for some of them and extend the iris bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welldone! It is an article that is not just helpful for me but lots of many could benefit from it. Allassignmenthelp is a platform which university students can use to get their assignment written by assignment help experts and can get a fabulous assignment paper. Assignment Help online

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.